- Phil Collins is a relation. My Great Auntie Shirley's great grandmother was Phil Collins' great grandmother's sister! Some of the Collins including little Philip grew up at my great grandmother's in Isleworth. His brother went out with my auntie and all sorts. A reunion has just happened between my uncle and his siblings and him back stage and he was a real gent.
- Jimmy Page was born in the same hospital on the same day as my mother.
- Both my paternal grandparents and my maternal grandfather were all in Coventry the night it was "Coventrated" by the Luftwaffe and survived against the odds.
- I accidentally referred to The Damned's Rat Scabies as "Ray Davies" to The Damned's Captain Sensible in my first ever interview. Very embarrassing.
- A couple of years later I got asked to introduce Ray Davies on stage. Nerve wracking. I got to meet him as I was clocking in from lunch at work, on the mobile to a friend giving her my new Crouch End address. "I live there" Ray said right next to me. My friend on the other end asked, "Who on earth is that?" I managed to squeek out, "Umm, it's Ray Davies. Ray Davies of the Kinks." Ahhhhhhhhhhh! That's how it started.
Dublin Listener Barry O Sullivan's limerick (in return for a request)
Claire plays music on the radio
Why she does it? I dont know-e-o?
But when she does
You can't help but love
The tunes she plays all day-e-o
Atlanta listener Brent Bonet's Christmas 2001 gift